CBSE Class 8 English Application Writing
1. To a Principal to improve the hygienic conditions in the school.
You are Naresh of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ranchi. Write an application to your Principal
drawing his/her attention to improve the hygienic conditions in your school.
September 3, 2016
Kindly permit me to make a suggestion. It is about the hygienic conditions in the school.
Sir, our school is one of the most reputed schools in the state. Our students have come off with flying colours in every field. Our teachers are also well qualified and devoted to teaching. Yet, our school building does not give the same good impression. The sweepers do not sweep well. As a result dirt and dust is seen everywhere. The toilets are very dirty. They stink a lot. To avoid that foul smell, many students make water on the walls of the building. This results in worsening the conditions.
You are, therefore, requested to improve the hygienic conditions of the school.
2. Write an application to the Principal of your school for fee-concession.
M.D. Secondary School
10 February, 2017
I beg to say that my father is a poor man. His monthly income is only ten thousand rupees. We are six members in our family. My father is not in a position to pay my fee.
I request you to grant me full fee concession. I shall be highly obliged to you for this act of kindness.
3. Write an application for a week’s leave to the Headmaster of your school as you are unable to attend school because of viral fever.
16 November, 2016
Sub : Application for leave
I am in bed with an attack of viral fever. So I will not be able to attend school for a week. I request you to be kind enough to grant me leave for six days. I shall be absent from 17 November 2016 to 22 November 2016.
4. Write an application to the principal of your school requesting him to grant you two days’ leave to attend your brother’s marriage.
St. James Public School
1st April, 2016
Sub : Leave application
Kindly grant me leave for two days from April 5 to April 6. It is on account of the marriage of my elder brother.
I shall be highly obliged.
Kavita (Class VIII)
Roll No. 109
5. You are Amreesh Kumar and you live at 354 Rose Gardens, Bangalore. You have heard that a Talent Search Competition is to be held shortly, in your city. Write an application to the District Education Officer, Bangalore, expressing your desire to participate in the competition.
354 Rose Gardens
March 8, 2017
The District Education Officer
Subject : Participation in Talent Search Competition
I have come to know that you are going to hold a Talent Search Competition. It is for the boys of VI, VII and VIII classes.
Sir, I am a student of class VIII. I topped in my school in class VIII annual examination. I very much desire to take part in this competition.
Kindly send me the procedure and other information to enable me to participate.
6. You are Rqjat Mittal of Sarvodaya Senior Secondary School, Vikas Nagar, Delhi You do not have the facility of learning computers in your school. Write a letter to the Principal of your school requesting him to provide the facility to the students of the school.
Sarvodaya Sr. Sec. School
10 March, 2017
Subject : Facilities of learning computer in the school
These are the times of computers. Most of the schools in our city provide computer education. Our school is definitely better than them. So we must have even better computers and the teachers to teach their working.
So, I request you to provide us the computer-education. All the students will be obliged to you for it.