Rural Administration Class 6 Notes Social Science Civics Chapter 6
CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 Notes Understanding The Lesson
1. Every police station has an area that comes under its control. Persons in that area can report cases or inform the police about any theft, accident, injury, fight etc.
2. It is the responsibility of the police of that station to enquire, to investigate and take action on the cases within its area.
3. Measuring land and keeping land records are the main work of the Patwari. The Patwari is known by different names in different states such as Lekhpal, Kanungo, Karamchari or Village Officer etc.
4. Each Patwari is responsible for a group of villages. The Patwari maintains and updates the records of the village.
5. Maintaining the details of map, measuring agricultural fields, collection of land revenue from the farmers and providing information to the government about the crops grown in the area concerned are the work of Patwari.
6. officials in this department supervise the Patwari’s work such as, SDM, Tehsildar and Naib- Tehsildar etc.
7. According to the new law, “Hindu Succession Amendment Act, 2005” lands divided equally among his sons, daughters and their mother. The same law will apply to all states and union territories of the country.
Rural Administration Class 6 CBSE Notes Important Terms
Police Station: An office where complaints regarding theft, accident, injury, fight etc., are registered.
Patwari: A government official who is responsible for maintaining the records of lands and other matters of farmers.
Tehshil: A Sub-division of a district.